Saturday, November 17, 2012

Recent projects...

Other than trying to keep the circus running somewhat smoothly, I did have some time for a couple projects. It needed to be done! There is sometimes a need for change/improvement/ what ever you want to call it. :)
We had an old gold frame (about 3x4 ft. and solid wood) from Brian's grandma which I just couldn't seem to get rid of...then I figured out why; it was a treasure waiting to be found! I spray painted it matte black and the pictures just don't do it justice. It will hang downstairs with a mirror in it, after the remodel (yes, remodel. More on that in the Spring of 2013).


I love my kitchen but I really wanted more space....some how...not sure how I was going to do it. Then I saw it, the perfect piece of furniture for the perfect addition to the kitchen! A partially pre-assembled white and oak island from Ikea. I painted it black and dad moved the legs by the stools in a few inches. Voila! 
We love it.


Ah yes...the best project of all...and not yet complete...and not sure when it will be complete at the rate we're going... In any effort to get Kendra to use the potty frequently, I installed this chart right in front of the potty. One sticker for every potty and another if her diaper is dry, and if we get 5 in one day she gets a treat! Good deal, right?! "Kendra, do you need to go potty?" (for the 5th time that morning...). "Nope. I will tomorrow, mommy." (tomorrow is inclusive of anything later be it in a day or next week).


2 comments:

Rebekah Hamon said...

Good luck with potty training! I was so nervous about it this time around, but it went pretty well. :)

Rebekah Hamon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.