Thursday, September 18, 2008

Little Squeeker...

Since we only got him a few days ago, we don't really have a name for him...hence Little Squeeker. We got him off of Craigslist and ended up with a lot more than we thought we were getting. Squeeker was very neglected at his last home and he came with all sorts of issues because of it. Bowel problems (hence the pictures of him on a towel), filthy cage, algae filled water bottle, infested with lice (thankfully a spieces specific lice), very skinny, and blind. We don't know if the blindness came from a very poor diet or genetics, it's common for guinea pigs to go blind.
But he's very friendly and social and he LOVES veggies...we're wondering if he's never had them before. But since he's come to live with us a few days ago, we can see improvement already. Things are under control and on the mend!



8 comments:

Naomi said...

He is really cute! That is so cool that you can see improvements already.

Anonymous said...

Great, now when I come over I can bitten by a bird or by a rodent. You guys need a cat.

Traci K said...

Um, Sue...you might want to be careful there as if memory serves me correctly, your husband has eaten those before.:) He's a cute little guinea pig!

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

He's super cute! I'm sure he'll soon feel much better with your care!

Anonymous said...

Is Brian planning on getting a side car for his scooter for little squeeker?
gge

Ash Malone said...

Hey stranger..I haven't seen you forever..last time I saw you neither of us were married..YIKES, what happened?!?! Anyways just wanted to say hi...I ws snooping around and found your blog!! Hope your life is going great in Seattle...give my family a hug for me when you see them next! Tell your parents & sister HI!

Robin said...

We think our new cousin is so cute! Alayna thinks he should be called Alayna or a piece of coal. Amanda likes the name Little Squeeker. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO to our new cousin. Love, Amanda and Alayna

Katie said...

He is sooo cute! I'm so glad he found a nice home. Poor little fella...and now he's been rescued!