Saturday, August 30, 2008

Simple pleasures...

This morning I realized that there are so many simple pleasures that I take for granted. Today, one of many, but the one that I realized first...both of us sleeping in until 11am as the sunlight dances on the leaves outside the window, listening to our parrot make random little squeeks.
Being afternoon now, I sit here with a cup of Market Spice tea, doing a Sudoku and listening to John Mayer tell me that I need to "say what you need to say...".
I see again, that it is the simple things in life that make a difference...those things that make us thankful and/or smile... ~S

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well said, sis!!!

Anonymous said...

a few months ago, i started a list of "the little things that can make one happy"...haven't had a chance to work on it recently but it's in tone with your message, for sure! ;-)