Thursday, February 21, 2008

Edmonton 2008

The trip of a life time. Not because of going to Edmonton, where it gets colder than the North Pole, but because it was the weekend that I met my birth parents for the first time. We had arranged to meet at the Moose Factory in a small private room upstairs for dinner on Friday night.

This picture was a self portrait of us ladies on our way to the restaurant.


And then our true feelings came out...



We got there about a half hour before everyone else did so we started messing around with the camera and taking some cute candid shots.



Then we heard them come up the stairs...
I love this picture. My mom and Mona finally getting to meet each other.

Mom had gone through all of our picture albums and taken out a few pictures of me growing up, copied them, and put an album together for Mona to keep. She loves it.

Bruce came a bit later because of a delay at work.


Mona, Sue, and Bruce.

Jenn and Mona brought beautiful flowers for Mom, Joanne and I. Here's Brian being his normal goofy self showing off the flowers that were given to me.

Jenn, Mona, Sue.



The older couple on the right side are Mona's parents, Fred and Helen.

The next night we went over to Bruce and Mona's place to meet Mona's sister Cheryl (in purple on the couch), her husband Larry (standing with his hand on his hip), and Mona's brother John (sitting on the couch looking at the album). Mona's two other brother's were not able to be there.


Then we went back to Bruce and Mona's one more evening to meet Mathew. Everyone said that we look the most alike.


*


7 comments:

Traci K said...

Wow Sue! I do see a strong resemblence between both siblings and biological father. What an experience. And I must say I like the picture of Brian with the flowers...trying to get in touch with his feminine side-LOL!

Wanda, Melania & Mishayla said...

I hope my girls have the opportunity to have the same type of experience someday with their birth families. I've kept up through June, and I have to admit to being anxious for you and your parents. Glad it all went well!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you all were able to get together! I am glad that it went so well! Lots of love -T.

Randy and Amy said...

Sue, I've shared this very same experience. It gives me butterflies all over again thinking of you. Emotionally draining is an understatement! I'm very happy for you that it is going so well. I've thought of you often leading up to that moment of introduction. ~Randy and Amy, friends of Brian's from days gone by!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Sue. So glad it went well and I esp. love the pics of you 3 beautiful ladies beforehand... =) Jill

Troy, Lisa, and Braden said...

Thanks for sharing, Sue. What an enriching experience this must have been for all of you. We're glad it has gone so well!

Anonymous said...

so very exciting :-) thanx for sharing the photos, etc!