Friday, September 21, 2007

Sue's birth parents

Three weeks ago today, I received a phone call from Alice, a lady that runs the 'Canadian Adoption Registry' web site, telling me that my birth mother wanted contact. Two days earlier, I had put all known info on her web site search page in hopes that someday, I'd get a call or e-mail. So when the call came only days later, I was very shocked and excited. She then got some basic info from me; was I married, did I have any pets, what I like to do, etc. The next day, she called me back and asked, "Are you sitting down?" and proceeded to tell me that my birth parents had gotten married three years after my birth and that I had two full siblings. Since then, we've been e-mailing back and forth like crazy and finding out anything and everything. It has been thrilling for all of us, mom and dad want me to forward all our e-mails to them so they can get to know them too. And Joanne is excited too, when I told her, her jaw dropped, gave me a big hug and said, "That's kinda weird, you have, like, different parents than me...!"
There are no plans to meet yet, but we have talked about the possibility of when it might be time, and ok with everyone. This part is also very exciting because we've gotten over the initial shock and excitement of finally connecting and now thinking about meeting...it's a whole new set of feelings and emotions and an all new exciting. :)


These are my birth parents, Bruce and Mona. I don't know when this picture was taken but I believe within the last three years.

And these are my full siblings, Jenn and Mathew, taken three years ago at a graduation.

3 comments:

Traci K said...

What a neat story, Sue! I'm sure meeting them will come with mixed emotions. We wish you good luck! I do see a bit of a resemblence between the siblings though!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sue, that's incredible! I just happened across your blog via Katie D's link. I'm sure glad Kate told me awhile ago that you were adopted or else I'd really have been surprised! It'll be fun to hear more of this story as it evolves. ~ Jill

Anonymous said...

This is such an exciting story and I can't wait to hear more about it, how things will be going. So please keep us posted!
Ivona.